What are copyright registration’s required conditions in Vietnam?
- Works shall have originality and are not copied from works of anyone else;
- Works must be fixed in a tangible expression
Required copyright registration documents in Vietnam
- Declaration for copyright registration;
- 2 copies of your works;
- Power of attorney (if the applicant is an authorized person);
- Documents proving the right to file an application in case of inheritance or transfer;
- Declaration of author(s);
- Declaration of co-owner(s).
All documents shall be written in Vietnamese. Otherwise, it must be translated into Vietnamese and notarized/certified. Besides, if the enclosed documents are copies, they also must be notarized/certified.
Where shall the copyright registration application be submitted?
The owner or representative shall file the copyright registration application at the Copyright Office of Vietnam (COV).
How long does it take to issue a Copyright Certificate?
Within 15 – 30 working days from the date of receipt of a valid dossier, the COV is responsible for granting a Copyright Certificate. In case of refusal, the Copyright Office must notify the applicant in writing.
How long does copyright protection last?
- Copyright has indefinite and definite protection terms for each kind of right.
- Indefinite protection term is for the moral rights of the authors, including:
- Giving titles to their works;
- Attaching their real names or pseudonyms to their works, having their real names or pseudonyms acknowledged when their works are published or used;
- Protecting the integrity of their works, and forbidding other persons to modify, edit or distort their works in whatever form, causing harm to the honor and reputation of the authors.
- Definite protection term is for
- The right to publish their works or to authorize other persons to publish their works;
- Asset rights, including:
- Cinematographic works, photographic works, works of applied art, and anonymous works have a term of protection of 75 years from the date of first publication;
- Cinematographic works, photographic works, and works of applied art remain unpublished within 25 years from the date of fixation, and the term of protection is 100 years from the date of fixation. For anonymous works, when information on their authors is published, the term of protection will be calculated below;
- A work not specified at Point a of this Clause is protected for the whole life of the author and 50 after his/her death. For work under joint authorship, the term of protection expires in the 50th year after the death of the last surviving co-author
(*) The term of protection specified at Points a and b of this Clause expires at 11:59 PM of December 31 of the year of expiration of the copyright protection term.
The service process of copyright registration from Monday VietNam
- Step 1: Checking the validity and related legal issues of your given information and documents;
- Step 2: Evaluating and offering the most effective protection solutions;
- Step 3: Filling required documents and submitting your application at COV;
- Step 4: Once your copyright is granted, we will send you a Certificate of Copyright.
Why choose Monday VietNam for the copyright registration service?
Monday VietNam is the leading consulting company in the Vietnam Intellectual Property field. Our practice mainly focuses on Intellectual Property rights registration, such as copyrights, trademarks, patents, etc.
Our team is all experienced lawyers and legal experts. We will provide you with:
- Strategic overview of your copyright protection;
- Cost and time-saving copyright registration solutions;
- Transparent, honest, professional, and dedicated service;
Security commitment of your information.